Saturday 13 August 2016

I 3 Professional insight , interview with Mr. Manohar Jain

     As I m studying civil engg., a talk with a man of same field is helpful for my sake. N fortunately had an interaction with a civil engg Mr. Manohar Jain.
.
     1. Amongst various branches of engg. Why did you choose particularly this branch ?
     - Actually I was interested in structures from my childhood. So think of converting my passion into my profession, I have taken this branch.

    2.What are the challenges in this field ? 
   - This profession is full of challenges and risk at every step. Risk associated with lives of people, money, land etc. But at the same time this field is now fully flegged with advancement of technologies which overcome risks. & according to me challenge is the mother of invention which make this field more interesting.

     3.Is the theoretical  knowledge we gained in our degree course, sufficient to work in field ? 
   - What we have learnt during our graduation, is absolutely essential to work on field. but it is not at all sufficient. Theory sometimes idealized many  concepts which are not applicable at site. Though it help us to sort out technical problem to some extent, some problems occuring at site require your presence of mind and experience
.
     4.After completing education in this field what career options are available ?
   - This field is surrounded by many opportunities. You may work as consulting engg., govt contractor, opt for govt. Jobs in PWD, B&C etc. Or prepare for IES exam and many more.

     5. What are the keys, you suggest, to young enggs for being successful ?   
   -  Your 1) smart work, 2)Faith in yourself, 3) enthusiasm & passion for your work, 4) consistency, 5) Honesty. According to me these are keys for being successful in any field.

No comments:

Post a Comment